A recurring service allows pet owners to set a daytime service to repeat with you every week. Just book it once, and the service will repeat automatically until you cancel. This is a great way to set a consistent schedule with repeat pet owners.
You can set up a recurring service for dog walking, day care, and drop-in visits.
Accept a recurring service request
If an owner requests a recurring service, it will be displayed in the Booking Details section, indicating that the service repeats weekly. Simply book the request as you normally would.
Modify a recurring service
You can make changes to a recurring service for the current week or for future weeks. This allows you to:
- add upcoming services
- remove upcoming services
- edit service start times
- edit the schedule template (the regular set schedule you have with the pet owner)
- end a recurring service with a pet owner, so no new bookings will generate going forward
Modify this week
The updates you make will only impact this week’s service.
- Open the recurring service you want to modify and tap Details
- Tap Modify, then Modify details.
- Select Modify this week.
- Tap the time of a service to change it, then select Done. To remove a service, tap the trash icon. To add a service to an existing or new date, tap +Add a walk/visit.
- When finished, scroll down and tap Submit changes.
The pet owner will receive an email about the changes, and they’ll be charged for any additional services immediately. If you removed any services, Rover will initiate a refund immediately, but it can take between 5-10 business days to process.
Modify upcoming weeks
- Open the recurring service you want to modify and tap Details.
- Tap Modify, then Modify details.
- To modify a service date, scroll down to view upcoming weeks of service. Tap the pencil icon next to the date you want to change.
- Tap the section you need to change, such as the date or time, then tap Done.
- Tap Edit walk/visit to finalize your changes.
To add a walk, tap the +Add walk/visit icon above the upcoming dates. Fill out the date and time, then tap Add.
Cancelling a walk or visit
To cancel a walk or visit for a specific date:
- Tap the pencil icon and select Cancel this walk/visit at the bottom of the service details.
- Add an optional note for the pet owner, then confirm your changes by tapping the button below.
Edit the schedule
The schedule template is the regular set schedule for the booking. If you and the pet owner agreed to change the recurring schedule, you can modify it from your account.
- Open the booking from your Upcoming inbox, then tap Details.
- Tap Modify in the upper right corner of the screen, then tap Modify details.
- Tap Edit schedule template. From here, you can choose the day of the week you want to change. Add or remove a service or edit service times.
- Tap Update Template at the bottom of the screen to save your updates.
You'll see a confirmation banner at the bottom of the page. Changes will go into effect next week.
End a recurring service
When you end a recurring service with the pet owner, the current week's booking will remain scheduled. After that, no new bookings will generate going forward.
- Locate the booking and tap the three-dotted icon.
- Tap Modify booking, then Cancel booking.
- Select a cancellation reason from the dropdown menu.
- Confirm your changes by tapping Cancel booking.
- Navigate to the Stay Details section of the booking from your inbox and select Cancel Booking.
- Select a cancellation reason and confirm your changes.
You and the pet owner will receive a message confirming the cancellation. No new bookings for this pet owner will appear beyond the one scheduled for the current week.