Open and honest communication is the foundation of every great relationship, so we love when our pet owners leave reviews on Rover and when sitters and dog walkers reply to them.
We have a few guidelines and policies that we ask all our members to follow. Really, it all boils down to a few simple ideas:
- Be kind and respectful.
- Speak from first-hand experience.
- Keep it PG.
Want more details? Check out our official review policy below.
Rover’s Review Policy
We take all claims of mistreatment or harmful action very seriously. Reviews containing such claims may initiate an investigation by our skilled support team.
- Reviews that do not represent users’ personal experiences.
- Content that violates another person's or entity’s rights, including privacy rights and intellectual property rights. (Example: publishing another person’s full name, address, or other identifying information without permission.)
- Threats, especially of any illegal action.
- Content unrelated to the actual reservation. (Example: political, religious, or social commentary.)
- Content that is proven to be used as extortion.
- Content containing obscenities.
Rover supports open communication, and as a general policy, we do not censor, edit, or delete reviews. However, we do reserve the right to remove reviews or responses, or portions thereof, that violate this policy or the Rover Terms of Service.